This page collects together all of the “outcomes” associated with individual modules. Outcomes identify what students will know and be able to do if they master the material.
Understand how to succeed in ICS 199
- You understand the goals, structures, and procedures for learning in ICS 199.
- Your computer and its software is adequate to support the experiences you will have in this course.
Introduction to ICS 199
- You can implement object orientation using the ES6 class construct.
- You can use the Underscore library to program in a functional manner.
Behave ethically as a software engineer
- You understand the need for both personal and professional ethics.
- You can analyze the ethical implications of software engineering practices that can incur harm.
- You understand how ethical practice involves not just avoiding harm, but doing good.
- You can apply five ethically constructive habits of mind and action.
- You are aware of the two ACM Codes related to ethics and can apply them to your practice.
- You can apply ethical principles to controversies such as online harrassment and privacy.
Ethics in Software Engineering
A03: Assess your ability to reason about ethical issues in software development